When building apps on Thunkable, Screens function like blank pages in a book. They allow you to display different components and information.
There are two ways to add a new screen to your app:
Click the + icon next to your Screen names in the Screens bar.
Click Screens + at the top of your component tree. Select Create New Screen.
Once you’ve perfected the design of a screen on the Design tab of a drag and drop project you can duplicate it using copy and paste keyboard shortcuts.
To copy and paste a screen:
- 1.Click on a screen name in the component tree (A) or the screen itself within your workspace (B).
- 2.Type ctrl+c or command+c on Mac, and ctrl+c on PC, to copy the screen.
- 3.Type ctrl+v or command+v on Mac, and ctrl+v on PC, to paste a duplicate of the screen.
- 4.The new screen will be added to the right of the existing screen.
This determines how to resize the image when the frame doesn't match the raw image dimensions.
- Cover: Fills the entire screen without changing the height and width ratio of the image
- Contain: The entire image will be scaled down to fit inside the screen, without changing the height and width ratio of the image
- Stretch: The image's height will change to fill the screen length-wise
- Repeat: Repeat the image to cover the screen. The image's height and width ratio will not change
- Center: Positions the image in the middle of the frame
The status bar is located at the top of a phone's screen. The status bar displays information regarding signal strength, battery, and whether or not things like the alarm or wi-fi are enabled.
Thunkable allows you to reuse a screen, and its associated blocks, in multiple projects with the "Save to My Screens" feature. You can find the Save Screen button at the top of the properties for every screen component in your app.
It's important that when you save your screen you use a descriptive and memorable name that describes what your screen does. The example below is for a sign in screen, which is something that often get reused across multiple projects.
Once you've saved a screen, any time you click the
+button at the top of your component tree to add a new screen to your project, you will be given the option to add a blank screen or to "Add From Saved Screens".
Simply choose the screen that you want to add in and click the "Copy" button to proceed.