Comment on page
Top Tab Navigator
Possibly the most common style of navigation in mobile apps is tab-based navigation.
The Top Tab Navigator is positioned at the top of your app, and allows users to switch between different screens by clicking.
To add a navigator to your app, you will need to drag the navigator component into your component tree, and then drag a screen on top of the navigator component.
You have many options for styling your Top Tab Navigator, such as changing the background color or tint color. Here are the different options for customization:
- SwipeEnabled: Allow the user to swipe between screens.
- AnimationEnabled: Select whether to animate the transitions between screens.
- Lazy: If
true, tabs are only loaded once the tab is opened. If
false, all tabs are loaded when the Tab Navigator is first opened.
- Background Color: Select a color for the top tab navigator.
- Tab Indicator Color: An underline will appear underneath the tab you select. You can select a color for the underline.
- Active Tint Color: Select a font color for the tab currently in use.
- Inactive Tint Color: Select a color for the text of the tabs that are not in use.
- ShowIcon: Toggle whether to show icons in the Tab Navigator.
- ShowLabel: Toggle whether to show tab labels in the Tab Navigator.
- Upper Case Label: Make the text for all the tabs upper case.
- PressColor: Color of material ripple as a tab is pressed
- PressOpacity: Opacity of material ripple as a tab is pressed
- ScrollEnabled: Toggle whether to enable scrollable tabs
- Tab Indicator Height: An underline will appear underneath the tab you select. This section will allow you to choose how tall the underline is.
When designing a tab, you can use words or images to guide users to different screens.
Step 1. Add screens to a Navigator by dragging and dropping them on top of a Navigator.
Step 2. Select the Top Tab Navigator. Decide if you would like to display icons or labels by clicking on these switches:
Step 3. Depending on if you are adding icons or labels, select the screen you would like to style and upload an image or add content:
Additional descriptions are below:
Tab Bar Label -- The name of your tab label
Active Tab Icon -- Icon that appears when tab is selected; You can upload an image for this icon.
Inactive Tab Icon -- Icon that appears when tab is not selected; You can upload an image for this icon.
Swiping is a popular way to move through screens and is enabled by the Tab Navigator. You can enable the swipe feature by clicking the "SwipeEnabled' switch.