Live Test your App
Preview your Thunkable project with our Thunkable live app, or on the Web
The Thunkable Live app connects the projects in your web browser directly to your mobile device. It allows you to do two things:
The Thunkable Live app allows you to live test your app on your device, in real-time, while you are building it. Not even hard core developers have this super power. You can also preview all your app projects from the comfort of your mobile device.
With Thunkable Live installed on your device, you are now ready to live test or to live preview.
While live testing, any changes that you make to your project should be reflected in your app. Bear in mind that the Thunkable Live app doesn't check your project for errors. Some changes that you make may crash the app. If this happens simply exit out of the app and re-open it.
From any of your Thunkable projects, click on the Live Test button at the top of the screen to begin live testing.
Clicking on the Live Test button will remind you to open Thunkable Live on your device.
Sign in with the same Google account in Thunkable Live to preview your projects directly on your device.
When you click the Live Test button you will be prompted to enter a code into your computer.
To find this code, open Thunkable Live on your device and click Email sign in - Generate Test Code.
Enter this code into the first prompt and you will be able to live test your app.
For the first time, you can live preview all your app projects from the comfort of your mobile device. Simply login and you should see a list of all your projects on your Thunkable Live app.
Common issues with the Thunkable Live app
- If you have a Navigator as the first item in your tree, make sure your screen is dropped within it
- Your have unconnected blocks
- You have an event triggered by a Screen.Start which may be causing the screen to crash
- Your app and desktop may not be logged into the same account
- (Android only) You are trying to set the value of a Slider in your blocks
- (Android only) You are trying to set the latitude and longitude of a Map in your blocks
- The height or width of the image may be set to 'Fit contents'
Preview on the Web allows you to live preview your own project directly from your browser. Simply click on "Live Test" to preview your own app in a pop-up window.
You can click the Preview in a New Window text to preview your app in a new browser tab: