Thunkable for Android ❤
Test your app live via USB
|Strong and steady Wi-Fi||Weak or intermittent Wi-Fi|
|Thunkable recommendation||Test via Wi-Fi||Test via USB|
Step 1. Click this link to install the Thunkable Live app on your phone
After downloading, step though the the instructions to install the Thunkable app on your device. You need to install the Thunkable app only once, and then leave it on your phone or tablet for whenever you use Thunkable.
Step 2. Install the software below to your computer
To connect via USB, please download the sofware package compatible with your operating system:
Step 3. Set up your device for USB by turning USB Debugging ON
On your Android device, go to System Settings, Developer Options, turn them on, and be sure that "USB Debugging" is allowed.
Note: On Android 4.2 and newer, Developer options is hidden by default. To make it available, go to Settings > About phone and tap Build number seven times. Return to the previous screen to find Developer options, including "USB Debugging". If you don't have this enabled you'll likely see one of the following errors:
Step 4. Open a Thunkable project and connect it to your device, and authenticate (if necessary)
Choose "Test" and "USB Connection" from the top menu in the Thunkable browser.
When prompted by your phone, allow the connection to your computer.
Within a few seconds, you should see the app you are building on your device. It will update as you make changes to your design and blocks, a feature called “live testing."
If your app does not appear on your device, the most likely problems are:
- You did not download the software package above to your computer (see Step 2)
- Your USB plug is not securely connected to your computer or mobile device
- You need to turn USB debugging ON on your mobile device (see Step 3)
- You did not allow the connection to your computer after selecting "Test > USB Connection" from the top menu in the Thunkable browser (see Step 4)
- You may have an outdated version of the Thunkable app. Download the latest Thunkable Live app for Thunkable from above (see Step 1)