Thunkable for Android ❤
Extensions are components that have been created by our amazing community of Thunkers. While Thunkable cannot guarantee that our platform will support all extensions, many of them do work wonderfully on Thunkable and have addressed a variety of developer needs from better Material Design elements to communicating with your Arduino.
With the help of our community, our goal is to incorporate these extensions over time into platform to make it even easier to create your app.
To use an extension in your app,
- First download an extension (.aix) it from a trusted resource like our Thunkable Community Forum #Extensions
- Import it to the Extensions drawer of your Designer palette
- Drag and drop the extension into your app
Where to Find Extensions
Trusted resources for extensions
- Thunkable Community Forum #Extensions - section of our community forum dedicated completely to posting extensions
- Pura Vida Apps by Taifun - complete list of extensions available for all platforms compatible with App Inventor
Extensions --> Components
We are very grateful for the contributions of our Thunker community and have just kicked off a program where we can turn your extensions into full blown components on the Thunkable platform.
What you need to do:
- Agree to open source your extension to the community
- Submit a pull request for your extension (or component if you created one) to the open sourced Thunkable extension repository on Github
We will review the request and if it passes our test, we'll add it to our platform with documentation noting your amazing contribution.